8.08.2012

Review: Country Club Plaza

Two years ago I had the pleasure of spending a summer in Missouri. I know what you're thinking, why didn't I spell it "Misery" as most joke? Well, I genuinely loved living in Missouri. I lived close enough to Kansas City that on the weekend we'd venture to the city and explore. Which brings me to my next point, why does everyone make fun of Kansas City? It's awesome. There are art museums, a raging jazz night life, lush public parks, a delicious farmer's market with baked goods, and to the point of this article, Country Club Plaza.

Country Club Plaza is a lovely, open-air shopping district. The district is styled after European boulevards with spacious sidewalks, gorgeous fountains, and in the summer, live music. Even if you're not looking to shop, walking around is a treat.


As you can tell from this photo, there is a J Crew store! I have fond memories of this place, the sales staff were always polite and they have a nice sale rack. Another stores that I like here are Banana Republic. On one visit when I walked in I received a scratch ticket for 50% off my total purchase price. It was a great deal! Other great stores include: Michael Kors, Kate Spade New York, Halls, Burberry, H & M, The Gap, Brooks Brothers, Sperry, and Forever XXI. Country Club Plaza is great for shopping and always had good deals when I visited. If you're in the area or looking for a short weekend getaway I would recommend visiting Kansas City and stopping at Country Club Plaza.

The Cheesecake Factory

In case the lovely shopping has convinced you, there is also a fantastic movie theatre, and great restaurants. Maybe it's because I am not from the south, but I loved going to The Cheesecake Factory. I ate there two or three times and always had delicious food! The portions, even for lunch, were huge so I would recommend splitting a meal with someone. There are also Figlio Italian Restaurant, a California Pizza Kitchen, and a cupcake shop called Cupcake A La Mode. Whatever your palate, I am sure that you'll find something you like.


There is also a Starbucks which I went to a few times. My favourite visit was in the winter when there was snow in the air and my husband and I got a salted hot chocolate and a chai tea latte. We sat inside to warm up before going back out to finish our shopping. During another summer visit, I had an iced tea and we sat outside in on the terrace. Lovely memories!

Overall, my experiences shopping at Country Club Plaza were wonderful and I highly recommend this shopping district to anyone who enjoys a day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment