6.28.2012

Dresses! Dresses! Dresses!


One of my favourite things about summer is that it's dress season! A hot trend right now is maxi dresses. Lately, every shop that I go in has a section devoted to maxi dresses. Two of my favourite stores have a great selection of these dresses: the Gap and Banana Republic.


  
I have long been a fan of Banana Republic dresses. Every dress I have bought has been high quality and I get lots of compliments. This printed "patio" dress is one of my favourites right now. One of the best things about this dress is that it has an elasticized waist so you get some shape. Maxi dresses can be pretty boxy, so I like that this dress gives the option of have a sexy silhouette. Finally, it's currently on sale so you can get it for $120 online!


http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=42231&vid=1&pid=905410&scid=905410002




Sister company... the Gap also has a nice selection of Maxi Dresses. Although cheaper than Banana Republic, I find that the Gap still offers quality products. I had the opportunity to try on a few of the Gap's maxi dresses about a month ago and they fit well. Sadly, I did not purchase one of them because they were sold out of the black dress in my size. Just goes to show you how popular these dresses are right now!! Though I didn't see this maxi dress when I was in the store, but it looks pretty nice online.

This print really pops! The pinkish-purple on blue is a great contrast. Again, the waist offers some shape and the lower-ish halter top gives it some sex appeal. On the whole, I'd give this dress an 8/10. I'd recommend you pick it up this weekend, the Gap always has great sales around holidays (Canada Day and the 4th of July).

No comments:

Post a Comment